Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teefury and tee-shirt design competition

Do you know the site TeeFury ? It lists a new tee-shirt every day which is available for only 24 hours. Most of the artists are invited but submissions are accepted.

"TeeFury artists are usually invited to participate in the daily FURY. But fear not! If you have the chops, drop us an email for consideration at: art @ teefury.com. Make sure to include a portfolio of some sort, be it website, flikr, anything that shows a number of your designs, or we probably won't consider your request."

This month the Tokyo based design company Graniph is holding a tee-shirt design competition. The Gold Prize is 1,000,000 yen. Where did I find this out? On JASM the monthly Japanese art and design round-up published online by the Australian Embassy. Check it out!

By the way, I am having a studio clearance sale in my shop for all of February and March in order to make space for some new projects in the Spring. Drop by and take a look.



ja mata
Andrea

2 comments:

flapjacs said...

oh dear oh dear oh dear! I had to get one! that site is cool, I have looked in before.

To ship one tee to japan is $9.00

Did you see the awesome tee shirts for kids at threadless? love the animals with eye patches one.

Will you submit to any of these AK?

Andriques said...

I'm thinking of submitting my anti-cute birds to the Graniph one. I may approach Teefury after that. (I dare not show Teefury to my husband who has *millions* of t-shirts...) $9 is pretty good, a bargain all round really.