Saturday, January 10, 2009

bikudesigns

My name is Victoria Close and I have been selling on Etsy for a couple of months and shopping for a few months longer. I live in Meguro-ku in Tokyo and have been in Japan for almost 12 years (give or take a few months). I'm originally from the UK.

I started on Etsy with my range of graphic greeting cards and have now begun to add some jewellery (British spelling!) to my shop. Not many sales yet but I have been working hard on promoting my work through my blog, the Etsy forums, Entrecard, Flickr and Twitter. It's really hard to manage all that and hold down a full time job too!

If you have a minute, please have a look at my blog http://bikudesigns.blogspot.com. It would be great to have some comments from people in Japan.

In the near future I will be setting up a feature for Japanese creators on my blog each week. I intend to select items from shops that best illustrate what Japan means to me. If you would like your shop items to be featured, please leave a comment on my latest blog post and I will let you know when your turn is coming up.

Looking forward to hearing from you all:-)

bikudesigns blog
Find me on Twitter
Here I am on Flickr
My Esty shop

3 comments:

flapjacs said...

Great to hear your story Victoria. I've clicked on all your links ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Mee a Bee. Thanks also for the shop heart;)

Andriques said...

Gorgeous Jewellery! All the best for your new range.
Andrea